It's complicated. Try to order and we'll be in touch about availability. Or you can try to purchase at bookshop.org/shop/nowhere
Return to the gripping, suspenseful classic #1 "New York Times "bestseller by master storyteller Stephen King
Bestselling novelist Paul Sheldon thinks he's finally free of Misery Chastain. In a controversial career move, he's just killed off the popular protagonist of his beloved romance series in favor of expanding his creative horizons. But such change doesn t come without consequences. After a near-fatal car accident in rural Colorado leaves his body broken, Paul finds himself at the mercy of the terrifying rescuer who's nursing him back to health his self-proclaimed number one fan, Annie Wilkes. Annie is "very" upset over what Paul did to Misery, and demands that he find a way to bring her back by writing a new novel his best yet, and one that's all for her. After all, Paul has all the time in the world to do so as a prisoner in her isolated house...and Annie has some very persuasive and violent methods to get exactly what she wants."...
New on our blog!
- Man’s best friend: The canines that kept renowned authors company
- Feel-good books to fight the doom and gloom
- Queer happiness: Books that celebrate and affirm queerness
- Banned and burned: Restricted books throughout history
- Popular words that were invented by famous authors
- The fascinating inspirations behind some of your favorite novels
- Check out these phenomenal Black women in horror writing
- The former day jobs of famous writers
- Sylvia Plath: Interesting facts from the life of the 'Bell Jar' author
- “No business being a writer”: Snapshots from the rejection letters of now-bestsellers